Select To Get Started:

General Information:

Welcome to the Caldwell County Schools Online K-12 NEW Student Enrollment & Student Transfer application!

We are now collecting K-12 NEW Student Enrollment (K-12) documents online through this portal. Please see the infomation under the "Student Enrollment" header below for details.

Caldwell County students have the opportunity to apply for a transfer to a school of their choice if space is available and if certain criteria from Board Policy 4150 are met. When applying for a transfer please review Student Athletic Eligibility Board Policy 3621, as athletic participation could be affected.

The Student Transfer period for the 2022-2023 school year is January 15 - February 28, 2022. If you are applying after the deadline or to a closed school, transfers will be approved only for extreme extenuating circumstances as determined by the Superintendent. In these cases, you will be required to provide a detailed description of the extenuating circumstance you believe would support your transfer request.

Should you have any questions, please call or email your school, or Joy Parker at The Education Center 828-728-8407 ext. 140175 or (

All transfer applications will be processed electronically. All requests will be checked for accuracy. Any falsification of information may result in your request not being processed and/or denied.  


For information regarding the 2023-2024 School Year Applications, please contact the School District.


*Please also note that this website is optimized for IE 10.0 and higher, Safari, Chrome and Firefox.


To download a copy of the Caldwell County Schools Transfer letter with requirements and/or a copy of the Closed Schools letter, click the appropiate link below:

Transfer Letter (eng/span)

Closed School Letter (eng/span)

Back to district website

Available for 2023-2024 School Year

Student Enrollment Information (K-12):

Our office staff is pleased to serve parents wishing to enroll their child in Caldwell County Schools. To enroll a student, you must be the biological parent or court-ordered guardian.

We are now completing enrollment documents online. This process will take approximately 20-25 minutes. To complete the online enrollment packet we will ask you to upload required documentation. Please gather all required documentation prior to starting the packet completion process. You will not be able to complete your enrollment packet without first uploading required documentation. You will need the following for EACH child you wish to enroll:

Required Documentation:

  1. Scanned copies of 'Proof of Age', 'Proof of Birthdate', 'Proof of Parentage' (ex. certiifed Birth Certificate)
  2. Scanned copies of Parent / Legal Guardian's 'Valid Photo ID' (ex. driver license, state identification, passport, or military ID)
  3. Scanned copies of 'Proof of Current Address' received within the last 30 days to verify residence (ex. power bill, gas bill, water bill, cable bill, landline phone bill and / or lease, rent, or mortgage records).

*If the parents(s) or court-ordered guardian reside with another person who is the homeowner/lessee, you will need to meet together (the parent and the homeowner) with the School Data Manager staff to complete a Residency Affidavit document. The homeowner / lessee will need to provide two proofs of address.

Please Note If this is your child's first time enrolling in a North Carolina Public School we will also require: Scanned copies of 'Immunization Record and Health assessment (completed on or after August 26, 2020) by a certified health care professional. Available Here for first time enrollment in North Carolina public schools.

Please CLICK HERE to view additional instructions.

Student Transfer Information:

Open Enrollment Dates: January 15 - February 28, 2022

Caldwell County students must enroll in the school that serves the district in which they live or have an approved transfer. Caldwell County students have the opportunity to apply for transfer to a school of their choice for the 2022-2023 year if space is available and if the following criteria are met:

  • The student must be in good standing at his/her home school (grades, attendance, and/or discipline).
  • The Transfer Request must be received during the designated time period.
  • Parents/Guardians must provide transportation without excessive absences, tardies/early dismissals.
  • Students must maintain passing grades and must not be involved in any serious discipline problems.

Student Transfer Applications must be completed online to your school by February 28 if you want your child to attend a school outside the school district in which you live or a different school from the one he/she is currently attending. Student Transfer Applications received after February 28 or applications to a closed school will be approved only for extreme extenuating circumstances. A detailed description of the extenuating circumstances to support the request to transfer must be included in the application.  If this statement is not included, your application may not be processed. These applications will be reviewed by the Superintendent’s office for consideration.

Parents of kindergarten students who want to request a transfer may apply for transfer and may participate in the kindergarten orientation at the requested school if it is not “closed to new enrollees.” If the transfer request is not approved, the records will then be returned to the school that serves the district in which you live. Please Note: If your older son/daughter has an approved transfer to attend an out-of-district school and that school is now closed, your older child(ren) may stay, but your kindergarten child may be denied enrollment at that school.

Caldwell County students with APPROVED transfers to the school they are presently attending will need to complete the Student Transfer Application each year to remain at the school. Out of county transfers must also have an annual release from their home county and must re-apply each year (A fee may apply).

Students approved for transfer wishing to participate in athletics in middle school and high school are subject to the provisions of Board Policy 3621.

Student Transfer Applications are available online only, on the Caldwell County Schools website.  Should you have questions, please call or email your school, or Joy Parker at The Education Center, 828/728-8407 Ext. 140175 or

A list of CLOSED SCHOOLS is available on our website.

For More Information, Contact:

Caldwell County Schools
1914 Hickory Blvd., SW
Lenoir, NC 28645

Phone: (828) 728-8407


For Technical Support Contact:

Scribbles Software
Phone: 855-465-1458

Business Hours
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM